1. After receiving your USA Hockey crest in the mail, log onto the AHAI scheduling site to request games www.ahai2.org/officials. Detailed instructions for logging on and getting assignments can be found on the FAQ & Getting Games and Instructional Videos,
2. After you request games and then "receive a confirmation for your assignments," IMMEDIATELY contact Dan Zaloudek (IHOA Mentor Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org, by e-mailing a list of your first couple assignments and request to have a mentor assigned with you,
3. Once your request is received, an experienced official will be assigned to work with you on the ice (given enough notice to us of your assignments, we will make every effort in securing a Mentor for all requests!),
4. You will then receive an e-mail back when a mentor has been scheduled to work,
5. The mentor will wear a black jacket and follow you (shadow) on the ice as you officiate the game. They will provide you feedback and guidance regarding positioning and general instruction throughout the game,
6. An e-mail from your mentor with post-game assessment feedback will be sent to you after your game.