Beginning with the 2005-2006 season, IHOA adopted the AHAI requirements that every person 18 and older must be screened for any conviction of criminal activity. When you are named coach, manager, or referee get screened immediately! If your name is on the AHAI website as having been screened as an AHAI coach or manager you do not have to be screened again.
If an official will be turning 18 during the season, they will be sent an email on their 18th birthday as a reminder to complete the screening process. If the screening process has not been completed by 45 DAYS AFTER the 18th birthday, that official will be suspended until the screening process is complete.
Everyone must consent to be screened by completing the AHAI secure online Authorization to Release Information Form, and be fingerprinted BEFORE beginning any officiating, coaching, or manager activity, which includes clinics, power skating, officiating of practice or actual games, and any other “on-ice” or “off ice” hockey or manager activities.
Failure to comply will result in the referee, coach, and/or manager being immediately suspended. In addition, the referee, coach, and/or manager, and organization will be referred to the AHAI Screening/SafeSport Committee.
Your age will be listed on the AHAI website, along with your name and date of screening, so that all interested parties can determine whether any particular individual has been screened. By submitting to the screening process, you agree to allow this information to be published.
Any immediate suspension may be appealed, in writing, to the AHAI Screening/SafeSport Committee Chair.
AHAI Hockey Club Coaches, Managers and Volunteers:
- Must be current USA Hockey registered members AND
- Must be claimed by their parent hockey club.
- Contact your club Registrar for help with USA Hockey Registration
- Only your club registrar can initiate the Screening process for you and send you an email with your access code
- Must be current IHOA PAID members
- Officials who are not screened will be sent an access code with their seminar registration confirmation
- Officials who turn 18 during the season or join IHOA without attending an IHOA seminar must contact the IHOA Registar to obtain an access code.
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding the AHAI Screening Program, please contact:
Executive Director John Dunne (email@example.com)
IHOA Registrar Dave Zednik (firstname.lastname@example.org)