Are you a new referee?
Would you like assistance working your first couple games?
If you answered YES then the mentor program is for you!
IHOA will provide new officials a mentor for their first couple games to help you get off to the right start.
NOTE ALL OFFICIALS UNDER 14 BEFORE DECEMBER 31 OF THE CURRENT YEAR MUST REQUEST A MENTOR FOR THEIR FIRST GAME. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT ALL NEW OFFICIALS WORK THEIR FIRST GAME WITH A MENTOR.
Here is how the program works:
- Once you receive your USA Hockey crest, after completing your seminar and test, you can log on to our scheduling site to request games. The site is www.ahai2.org/officials. Detailed instructions for logging on and getting assignments can be found on the FAQ & Getting Games page on IHOA.com
- After you request games and receive a confirmation for your assignments, IMMEDIATELY! contact Carl Sassolino (IHOA Mentor Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail a list of your first couple assignments and request to have a Mentor assigned with you.
- Once your request is received, an experienced official will be assigned to work with you on the ice.
- You will then receive an e-mail back when a mentor has been scheduled to work.
- The mentor will wear a black jacket and follow you (shadow) on the ice as you officiate the game. They will provide you feedback and guidance regarding positioning and general instruction throughout the game.
- An e-mail from your mentor with post- game assessment feedback will be sent to you after your game .