Advanced Development Program
Dear ADP Prospect,
The Advanced Development Program can offer you a wealth of knowledge and experience that can significantly improve your abilities as an official. It is a fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the most accomplished officials in Illinois. That said, the Advanced Development Program is not for everyone. Please take a moment to review the following prerequisites before submitting an application:
- Have 3 years of officiating experience (Preferred, but not required)
- Have Basic/Intermediate knowledge of the USA hockey rule book
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Possess the basic skills needed to work higher level games
In addition, becoming a member of the ADP requires a certain level of commitment. If you are accepted into the program, the following expectations will be placed upon you:
- Attend 1 monthly classroom sessions North or South (August through February)
- Attend one (1) development on-ice session throughout the month
- Participate and act as a mentor to new officials through the IHOA Mentor program
- Adhere to all rules pertaining to the Advanced Development Program Code of Conduct 2019-2020
- Honor all scheduling assignments during the year
If you are willing to commit to these expectations and follow the attached code of conduct, please complete the 2 requests below.
1.) Fill out the application: 2019-20 ADP Application.
2.) Register for one (1) tryout date at the following link: Event Registration
ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: 2019-2020 season Try-out Schedule
IHOA Members can try-out for this program, choose one:
Tues, August 6th @ Geneva (Fox Valley Ice Arena) 740p-900p
Tues, August 13th @ Joliet (Innwood Ice Arena) 910p-1030p
**Full officiating gear is required**
To get username and password:
Enter your e-mail address in “Recover your password” and click the “Send it to me” button. You will be emailed a user name and password. Then log in to reserve your spot for the upcoming session(s).
*The username and password is different from the assigning sign-in.*
Thank you for your commitment to USA Hockey and the Illinois Officials Advanced Development Program. We look forward to working with you.
Illinois Hockey Officials Association Development Program Staff
Brad Baumruck – Coordinator Assigner AHAI – Scheduling
Joe Guzzardi – North Instructor Nick West – South Instructor
If you have any questions regarding this program or its design, contact Brad Baumruck
For more information, check out the Facebook page: IHOA Development Program