Advanced Development Program
Dear ADP Prospect,
The Advanced Development Program can offer you a wealth of knowledge and experience that can significantly improve your abilities as an official. It is a fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the most accomplished officials in Illinois. That said, the Advanced Development Program is not for everyone. Please take a moment to review the following prerequisites before submitting an application:
- Have 3 years of officiating experience (Preferred, but not required)
- Have Basic/Intermediate knowledge of the USA hockey rule book
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Possess the basic skills needed to work higher level games
In addition, becoming a member of the ADP requires a certain level of commitment. If you are accepted into the program, the following expectations will be placed upon you:
- Attend 1 monthly classroom sessions North or South (August through February)
- Attend one (1) development on-ice session throughout the month
- Participate and act as a mentor to new officials through the IHOA Mentor program
- Adhere to all rules pertaining to the Advanced Development Program Code of Conduct 2019-2020
- Honor all scheduling assignments during the year
**Try-outs have not been scheduled yet**
You can still attend events and join the program by requesting to join late:
Contact Brad Baumruck
To get username and password:
Enter your e-mail address in the “Recover your password” box
Click the “Send it to me” button.
You will receive an email with a username/password.
Then log in to reserve your spot for the upcoming session(s).
Please register to attend at (Attendance is free):
How to register for an IHOA Event (Word doc): IHOA Event Walkthrough
**If Ice is scheduled FULL equipment is Required**
**Space is limited.**
|DATE||LOCATION||CLASS TIME||ICE TIME||TOPIC|
Thank you for your commitment to USA Hockey and the Illinois Officials Advanced Development Program. We look forward to working with you.
Illinois Hockey Officials Association Development Program Staff
Brad Baumruck – Coordinator Assigner AHAI – Scheduling
Joe Guzzardi – North Instructor Nick West – South Instructor
If you have any questions regarding this program or its design, contact Brad Baumruck
For more information, check out the Facebook page: IHOA Development Program