Advanced Development Program
Dear ADP Prospect,
The Advanced Development Program can offer you a wealth of knowledge and experience that can significantly improve your abilities as an official. It is a fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the most accomplished officials in Illinois. That said, the Advanced Development Program is not for everyone. Please take a moment to review the following prerequisites before submitting an application:
- Have 3 years of officiating experience (Preferred, but not required)
- Have experience at the U14 level or above in the two-official system
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Possess the basic skills needed to work higher level games
In addition, becoming a member of the ADP requires a certain level of commitment. If you are accepted into our program, the following expectations will be placed upon you:
- Attend all monthly classroom sessions (October through February)
- Attend one (1) General Development power skating session a month
- Participate and act as a mentor to new officials through the IHOA mentor program
- Participation in the Advanced mentor program
- Work monthly games assigned through the ADP
- Adhere to all rules pertaining to the Advanced Development Program Code of Conduct 2018-2019
If you are willing to commit to these expectations and follow the attached code of conduct, please fill out the application: 2018-19 ADP Application.
Thank you for your commitment to USA Hockey and the Illinois Hockey Officials Association Development Program. We look forward to working with you will see you in the rinks!
Illinois Hockey Officials Association Development Program Staff
Erin Blair – Co-Chair, Development Committee Michael Barrett – IHOA Referee-In-Chief
Jameson Gronert – Co-Chair, Development Committee Dave Zednik – Scheduling Coordinator
Joe Guzzardi – Development Committee Nick West – Development Committee
Mike Anderson – Development Committee
ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: 2018-19 season
Advanced Development Program Try-out Schedule
IHOA Members can try-out for this program each July/August.
Attendance at ONE of these two tryouts is MANDATORY! Full officiating gear is required.
If you have any questions regarding this program or its design, contact Erin Blair or Jameson Gronert: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, check out the Facebook page: IHOA Development Program